Let me tell share some traits that explain how Sebastian thinks.
- Takes pride in how hard he works as he reacts to the endless chaos
- Feels like the weight of the world on his shoulders
- Feels he is the only one capable of getting things done because employees are unreliable
- Sees himself as an expert in his trade but does not prioritize marketing
- Works in his business but not on his business
- Is reluctant to seek advice
- Procrastinates because he is burned out
- Operates within his comfort zone
- Is looking for the next magic bullet
- Chases, or is waiting for, his next customer
- Always feels overwhelmed
- Does not make time to read business books
- Is an opportunity seeker
- Is worried about money
- Feels frantically busy but never works from a plan
- Swings for home runs
- Jumps from one new idea to the next
I know Sebastian well because I was just like him when I first started in business. Sebastian is also like many of my clients when they first start working with me.
Many of the traits that led to Sebastian’s past successes are now holding him back.
That might be true for you as well.
I will explain what I mean in a moment, but first, I want to make clear that if you identify with Sebastian in any way, you shouldn’t worry.
Instead, you can feel a sense of relief, because the truth is you’ve been working harder than you need to for a fraction of the results you deserve.
And it’s not your fault, because until this moment, no one has probably revealed what I’m about to show you.
The way I see it, there are two diametrically opposed ways of thinking about building a business and making money, but before I explain, let me first introduce you to David.